Apr 4, 2011

Bits of My Weekend



Last month was hectic. This month, the universe seems to be telling me to slow down as I've been getting bouts of body ailments that left me feeling more worried than scared. I've always been a restless person. I get that from my father I guess, who's constant zest for life and learning always leave us breathless, trying to catch up with the new things he brought with him. Even at the age of 51, he still fascinates me with the things he learn off the internet. The point is, it has always been in my genetic configuration that keeping still is never an option. Even when the body's still, the mind's always working.

So it freaked me out a few days ago, when I woke up with an acute vertigo - feeling as though the room was spiralling - and having aches in my joints and pain in my abdomen. It went away as quickly as they came although the lightheaded-ness still persist sporadically. I'm praying it's nothing bad. I think it's nothing serious but I'll still be going to the doctor to have it checked.

For now, I'll take it as a quick reminder that once in a while, you need to stop. And breathe. And there shouldn't be any guilt in doing so.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...