Mar 28, 2011

Bits of My Weekend



Barely a week after their wedding, the newlyweds are already back to spending a typical day whacking the whammy bars at our home. We had some friends over on Friday evening and we spent the night until 4am to an acoustic chill-out session. It's been a while since we did this and even though I was the first to end the night (my eyes couldn't hold up any longer no matter how much I wanted to) I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The next day, my brother came over with a dvd documentary boxset called 'Exit through a Gift Shop' featuring some well-known street artists such as the elusive and enigmatic Banksy, the eccentric Mr Brainwash, Shephard Fairey of OBEY and Invader. I appreciate arts in all its form  but the underground street art scene is something to be in awe about as its a hidden throve of the world's most creative works built upon the underbelly of some pretty exciting and legally compromising projects. And most, if not all, of the artworks  are expressions of some political and/or social statements. Which is such a waste since street arts are transient, unlike commercial paintings and art you see in galleries. Anywho, it's a great film. Go watch it if you can.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...